Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals for 2012

It's that time of the year again...time to make resolutions for the new year. A lot of times we don't stick to our resolutions probably because we set unreasonable goals. For example, to say, "I'm going to lose weight next year", is not reasonable because there is nothing measurable or observable. You have to set smaller goals and be specific. For example, "beginning in January, I'm going to start walking for 20 minutes three times a week", or "beginning in January, I am going to start substituting a glass of water for one of my beverages everyday for 30 days."

The smaller goals are more attainable. Once you've mastered one goal, create another one, and so on, and so on. The whole process should resemble the outline of a paper, with Roman numerals and sub-categories descending in uniform increments. Each Roman numeral repesents a long-term goal, and the descending letters and numbers represent short-term goals.

What are my goals for 2012? I plan to improve my current fitness plan by adding yoga to my routine three times a week. I also plan to start drinking one gallon of water per day.

What are your goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment