Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sexuality Workshop attended

Yesterday, I decided to attend a workshop on the female orgasm. I know this sounds shocking, but think about it...I do quite a bit of couples counseling now, so educationally, I need to start thinking outside the box. I should be broadening my horizons with regards to what's really happening in relationships.

The workshop was presented by Melissa Jones, PhD, who is a trained professional sexuality consultant with an undergraduate studies in marriage and family therapy, and a master's degree in women's studies.

I was very impressed by the information provided and I will be referring couples to attend such workshops to enhance their relationships.

According to the brochure that Dr. Jones provided during the workshop, these are some of the areas she is able to address with people:

  • information, self-talk, thought patterns, and cultural framing
  • expressions, feelings about sex, capacity for intimacy, inhibitions
  • awareness of sexual anatomy and function, body image, learning skills, addressing sexual (dys)functions
  • buildup, containment, and expression, wellness
  • the sacred and Divine nature of sexuality, framing of beliefs
She is also able to help parents to engage in dialogue with children; she talks to teens about responsible sexual decision-making and emotional issues (with parental consent); and she does groups/workshops/presentations

For her contact info: doctor@mjsexologist.com
www.mjsexologist.com
210-487-0371

No comments:

Post a Comment