Thursday, February 24, 2011

Conversation pieces...continued

What are 3 topics I try to avoid discussing with people?  Definitely politics and religion. Of course, I'm drawn into it sometimes and I don't back down from my opinions. However, I want for others to have opinions too and I want to be respectful. I don't want for there to be any 'rights or wrongs'.  I used to argue and try to be right. I don't care anymore. I just know what's right for me. There are other topics that are debatable; however, I feel fortunate that as an educated person who has experienced  a great deal of life, I'm pretty credible when it comes to some topics. I simply base my reasoning on facts and logic.

What is the importance of an apology? How would I be able to apologize in a way that satisfies someone, AND allow myself to feel OK about it?  Very important! Of course, I'm going to make reference to a book I read, The Five Languages of Apology.  You have to know the other person and what his/her expectations before an apology is offered. For example, you have to know if the person wants you to repent, or if he/she wants restitution, or wants you to just accept responsibility for your actions. You have to know yourself too; I know that I'm capable of offering any kind of apology and being genuine about it. But, I know that I have a hard time admitting that I did anything wrong, so the 'accepting responsibility apology' is not one that would be OK with me.                 
               

 



What is my opinion of people using alcohol or other substances to increase their social ability?  If that's what it takes!  I mean, we use the term 'social drinking', and 'recreational drugs'.  That's what society has been doing from the beginning of time.

Who is someone I really enjoy talking to? What is it about his/her conversations that I like?  It just cracks me up to talk to my friend Brent! He just says whatever's on his mind. And since I do too, the conversations are just plain raw and hilarious!

What are 3 affordable places to go with a friend?  I love Starbucks (my number one place).  I like a bunch of places in the Quarry and at Northstar: Stonewerks, La Madeleine, Papouli's Greek Grill,  Canyon Cafe, Cheesecake Factory. Those are the casual eating places. There are hiking trails too; my favorite one is at Eisenhower Park. Then ther's wine tasting, JS Fine Wines on Saturdays.

What do I do that offends people?  Probably  (A) wanting to be left alone when others want to be social, (B) being too blunt, or (C) not being very open with people.  So sue me:)

And to all a good night....Ms. Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment