Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Social Butterfly ?

Really, I'm not what anyone would call a Social Butterfly. Sometimes I wish I was, but most of the time, I like who I am. I could never see myself dancing on tables or singing karaoke.

How would others describe me, social, or non-social? Why?  Most people believe that I'm pretty social, probably because of what I do for a living. My friends know that I'm very shy in social situations. I'd say that I have some social anxiety, but when I need to get something accomplished (that requires social skills), I just get it done.

How do I think my friends  see me? Describe how I would like them to see me.  My friends see me as a shy, honest, determined,  fair, non-judgemental, loyal, trustworthy person. That's how I want them to see me. 

What are 4 helpful resources I use to find social places?  Primarily the Internet, friends, colleagues, and clients.

What if I want to be around people but don't want to talk? Are there places to go?  The movies! Actually, I only go around people when I plan to be social to some degree. I enjoy going to the movies alone, to be honest. I prefer not to be interrupted and I don't want to be trapped into going anyplace else afterward. (I hate riding with people or having people pick me up, because then I'm trapped/stuck with them. I can't leave when I want to).

Describe a PERFECT friend!  I think all of my very close friends are perfect. They're honest, loyal, trustworthy, and non-judgemental (of me). They're supportive and they will tell me what I need to hear (not what I want to hear).

Is it OK to be truthful in every social situation? Why or why not?  That's another one of those loaded questions. I believe in honesty. I'm an honest person. However, because of what I do for a living, I've learned that there are times when it's not a good idea to be "truthful" all the time. I know how to play semantics. What if saying something to someone can cause harm ?  That is not something I'll do, intentionally hurt someone. I use my best judgement. When I'm dealing with my friends, they expect for me to just tell it like it is!

Who can I call when I want to go out? Why that person?  There are a few people I can call (I won't list them).  I think about the activity I want to do, then I decide who I'm going to call. I think most people do that.

Ms. Erin


                                                                                                                                                         
   
                             

1 comment:

  1. Very Interesting. I never read this one before.

    ReplyDelete