Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Identity of A Psychotherapist---Revealed

As a psychotherapist, I encourage people to talk by means of what clinicians call "self- disclosure".  Based on that, and my own observations,  I evaluate mood, affect, judgment, thought processes/thought content, insight, etc. My blog will be an opportunity for people who don't know me to get to know "the real me".  It will be an opportunity for people to see the mind of a psychotherapist.  And so it begins....

What makes me smile? A walk on the beach; A hike in the woods; cuddling in a comforter with a cup of Starbucks white chocolate mocha on a cold winter day; watching Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry; having a piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting; eating any kind of chocolate; lots of Me-time for meditation.

What makes me know I can trust someone? It takes a while before I trust people and it depends on why I need to trust them. If  people have qualities that are congruent with trust, such as honesty and commitment, then I have an easier time trusting.

What is the thing I fear most? That can be interpreted in a few ways. I'm afraid of spiders!

When I hear the word "completion" how do I feel? I don't feel anything. The word does not illicit feelings. I think of completion as the end of some process or project,  or goals that have been achieved. I've heard of the phrase people use, "you complete me".  I would not use the word "complete" in this circumstance.  A person should already be complete and not depend on someone else for completion. The idea suggests that there was something wrong, broken, or incomplete from the beginning.

Do I think it's more important to center my heart or defend my spiritDefending my spirit is more important to me. I'm a thinker. I'm not the emotional type.

What am I most proud of?  Graduating 3 times; high school and twice from college for 2 degrees. There were great challenges along the way but it was worth it. This will always be something no one can take from me.

What is more important, knowledge or imagination?  I don't believe there can be one without the other for success.

If I could help anyone succeed at one thing who would it be and in what way?  There is no one person in particular that I want to help succeed.  I want for all of the children and teens that I work with to climb mountains, sail seas, run countries; I want for all of them to live out their dreams.

A psychotherapist being revealed....Ms Erin

1 comment:

  1. The treatment of psychotherapy has been so far regarded as the only efficient way of treatment emotional, behavior and emotional conditions, by merely using spoken and non spoken interaction with the affected individual.

    Psychotherapist Sydney

    ReplyDelete