Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Identity of a Psychotherapist (Pt 3)

Enough about the relationship stuff for a while. I want to change the level of intensity and answer more of the random, introspective questions. If I'm brave enough to do this, I challenge you to answer questions like this about you (thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc.).

What things in life do I think should be free?  If we're talking about tangible things, water should be free. If you really think about it, how ridiculous is it to "sell water" or to have a "water bill"? The human body is about 60% water. There's about 326 million trillion gallons on the earth; about 70% of the planet's water is ocean. Then there are the glaciers, aquifers, water vapor/clouds.  It's just as ridiculous as "selling" waves, signals, etc. for phones, televisions, radios.

Who do I think needs more help, the homeless or endangered animals? Definitely the animals! That's how you can tell that I actually do have a heart, because I LOVE animals. As humans, we've done so much to contribute to animals becoming endangered. As far as homeless people are concerned, well, I don't have a whole lot of patience or sympathy. Humans were given the ability to engage in logic, reason, and WORK!!!!  For God's sake, a lot of people go through hard times, myself included. But I'll be damned if I stand on the corner of the street begging! My philosophy is that if I can get up everyday and drag myself to work, so can they. So many of them look healthy and able, enough to walk around in Texas heat for 16 hours. If you can do that, GO GET A JOB! I never give money to homeless people because I work too hard for it. I gladly give to legitimate charity organizations, but I will not give anything to a homeless person except a bottle of water if I have one. As many  resources and organizations that are available to those in need, I feel no guilt for my views.  

If I could learn something new tomorrow and succeed at it for life, what would it be?  I would have my PhD in some field of Psychology; perhaps Organizational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Clincal Supervision, or Educational Psychology.

If I found a secret door to an attic that hadn't been opened for 50 years, what would I expect to be there?  Funny---I guess it would depend on where the attic was. Ideally, I would find personal belongings from a family who lived in the 1940's and 1950's. Stuff like poodle skirts, petticoats, old bowling shirts, World War II metals, Holocaust articles and photos, dusty cherry wood furniture, ugly flowered drapes.  

If I could have a home with the most beautiful view in the world, where would it be?  I think I answered this already--IRELAND!  My name actually means Ireland! Johnstown Castle because of the gardens and water, or Kilkenny because of the beautiful landscaping. I saw a photo of Ashford Castle and I liked it because the landscaping is beautiful and modern, but the castle looks old (it's huge too)!  If I could win a huge lottery, I would definitely buy myself an Irish castle!

Ok, so that's it for today.  Ms. Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment